Nominations for Mediterranean Awards for Islamic Finance open
During the past decades, the World assisted to the steadfast growth of Islamic Finance. Today, at least $500 billion in assets around the world are managed in accordance with Sharia, or Islamic law, and the sector is growing at more than 10% per year. Thanks to the comparative cultural and geographic advantage the Mediterranean region offers, it is increasingly growing into an Islamic financial hub. Islamic financial assets in 2007 accounted for around $178 billion (35.6 per cent of the global Islamic financial assets) and the Islamic financial sector represents about 18 per cent of the region’s financial system. The Malta Institute of Management is constantly playing a leading role as a major exponent of Islamic Finance in the region by means of various events held on an annual basis amongst which the Mediterranean Awards for Global Excellence in Islamic Finance. These awards are being held under the distinguished patronage of His Excellency Dr. George Abela , the President of Malta. These awards aim to reward the efforts of Islamic Finance operators to in specific fields.
Sponsors – Al Baraka Bank, HSBC Bank, Ernst & Young, ANSAR Financial, Emirates Islamic Bank, Country Profiler, Finance Malta, Institute for ISLAMIC Banking and Finance (IFIBAF), ERREMME Business Advisors.
Media Partners – Islamic Finance Information Service, MENA Fund Manager, Red Money Group and General Soft Drinks.
MIM welcomes nominations for entities that have distinguished themselves for their efforts in propagating a genuine Islamic Finance in the following fields:
- Islamic Banking Award: Commitment to Principle, Innovation & Quality
- Islamic Advisory Award: Leading Advisory Group
- Mortgage Finance: Commitment to Principle, Innovation & Quality
- Major Contribution to Islamic Finance Award
- Most Developed Zakat/Charity Program Award
- Best Shariah compliant Private equity and venture capital
- Best Islamic Insurance (Takaful)
- Best Islamic website
- Best contribution to Islamic finance by conventional Institution
- Islamic SME’s Financing Award
For further information, contact Ms. Victoria Calleja on tel no: 00356 2145 3097 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org