The MIM VAT & EU Conference
MIM is once again organising its annual VAT and EU conference, which will be held on the 19th October 2012.
This year’s programme has been designed to cover a range of VAT topics, having both a domestic and EU relevance, with a particular focus on the role of VAT in the current economic climate.
VAT is a major source of revenue for national budgets, and the recent years have seen an increase in the standard VAT rate in a number of Member States. The current economic climate has brought to the forefront the ever-increasing importance of making VAT less complex. The complexities of VAT have impacted the existing drive to combat VAT fraud, a phenomenon which invariably has implications on both traders and national VAT authorities. Furthermore, these complexities, coupled with the administrative burdens and compliance costs have a significant impact on businesses, in particular SMEs. In the wake of The Green Paper on the Future of VAT, a Communication which consolidates the EU Commission’s priority of achieving a “simpler, more robust and efficient VAT system”, this year’s Conference will explore these issues from a comparative perspective.
As in previous years, MIM has invited both local and international speakers, who will provide an insight into VAT issues impacting businesses in the context of the current economic climate, will address recent and proposed legislative developments, issues related to VAT planning, and developments emerging from the local courts and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
The event has been accredited with 6 hours of structured CPE qualifying for the attainment of Core Competencies.
DATE. 19th October, 2012.
PROGRAMME. Download the programme, clicking here.
FEE. The fee is € 130 per person.
INFO. For further information kindly contact Ms Tonia Zahra on email@example.com or 21453097.
UPCOMING EVENTS: download.
APPLICATION FORM BELOW
- No cancellations are accepted for whatever reason
- The conference must be paid upon application
- Applicants may not be allowed to attend the forum unless full payment is received prior to commencement of the seminar
- Membership Numbers are to be indicated. Failure of such will result in being charged ‘Other’ fee.
- Kindly indicate whether you want to apply for CPE hours.
- Photos will be taken during the Event. Such photos will be used for promotional usage through the MIM network. Photos will also be uploaded on various social media avenues.
- Language: English